Committed to the mission of sharing the gospel message of Jesus Christ with others, Flyingbow is a full sending mission organization which supports artists and musicians across Canada in their ministry to reach others with the truth through their talents and passions. Founded in 2010 with a vision for growth, Flyingbow continues to spread its reach to artists and communities across Canada through music, dance, and visual arts to universities, local churches, prison ministries, indigenous communities and more.
Flyingbow operates as a working board. This model empowers the board with strategic responsibilities to build a plan that outlines measurable goals and objectives to promote achievement of the mission of Flyingbow.
Flyingbow Director Position:
The Board of Directors holds the highest responsibility in leadership as a team to support the organization through upholding the mission and vision. Flyingbow is looking to build a board passionate about evangelism and the arts who are also reflective of the communities we serve and across all ages.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- In partnership with other board members, upholding ethical, fiscal and legal responsibility in the best interest of the organization
- Contribute to the development of strategic direction and plans for ongoing organizational growth
- Monitor, evaluate, review and approve regular reports in Finance, Administration, Executive/Artistic Director as well as artists projects
- Conduct annual performance evaluation of Executives and management
- Participate in regular board meetings (approximately every 8 weeks) and development training, and participates on one or more committees
- Serve as an advocate for Flyingbow’s mission in their communities and networks
Who are we looking for
We are looking for individuals committed to Flyingbow’s mission, vision and core values, who agree to our Statement of Faith and are actively involved in and accountable to a community of believers and faithful serving members of a local church. We are particularly interested in individuals who are Christ-centered with proven spiritual maturity. Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age, though there is no minimum length of experience required for participation on the board. However, knowledge in one or more of the following areas is an asset:
- Marketing and Communications
- Events Planning and Specialist
- Arts/Arts Administration
- Non-Profit/Missions Experience
- Human Resources and Governance
Those interested in joining the Board of Directors please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in joining the Flyingbow mission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact this address with any other questions or inquiries.
Applications close on June 15, 2023.